When Enterprise Territory Management (Territory Management 2.0) is enabled, Data Loader can be used to allocate territories to accounts.
An association between a territory and an object record, such as an account, is represented by the object ObjectTerritory2Association. To assign an account to an area, follow these steps:
- Create a CSV file with the column headers as follows:
- AccountCause: the value should be ‘Territory2Manual’
- Select Insert from the Data Loader menu.
- Use your Salesforce credentials to log in.
- Select ‘Show all Salesforce objects’ from the ‘Select Salesforce object’ box, then select ObjectTerritory2Association.
- Select the CSV file that was prepared in step 1 from the drop-down menu.
- Select Auto-Match fields to columns from the Create or Edit a Map menu.
- Select OK.
- Click Finish after selecting the directory where your success and error files will be saved.